In this blog we have covered 11 tips on how to concentrate on study? With these learning tips, you can focus your mind on one place while studying.
Also, in this blog, we have addressed why students do not mind studying?, Why do other things get attention? .
If you want to pass the exam with good marks then it is very important to study diligently. In order to concentrate on studies, things have to be taken care of.
But before that let us know why students are not able to concentrate in studies, after that we will know the right ways to study.
Why Students Do Not Concentrate On Their Studies?
In today’s environment, there would have been a simple reason to divert attention from studies and that is the distraction of the mind.
Some examples of things that distract you while studying are social networking websites, friends, family, noise, online games, etc. There is a reason for some student to be distracted from studies.
No matter what your age, what do you do? Something or the other must have happened to you that your mind does not feel like studying.
It must have happened to you that you must be doing your studies with concentration and at the same time you must have received a message on your social networking website and then you must have gone to see your message but in that affair for one or two hours. After chatting, he would have returned to work.
Something similar happens with children / youth or students, due to which their attention remains elsewhere while studying and they are not able to concentrate on studies properly.
Below we have given 11 best ways and tips to focus on studies, which you can follow to improve the way you study. There are no tricks to read properly, you just have to pay attention to some points. You should also read about benefits of online education.
How To Concentrate On Study?
So let’s know which are the best study tips that you will enjoy reading and will also remember what you read-
Choose Appropriate Place To Study
How well you can concentrate and study depends on your environment. That is why it is very important to choose the right place to study diligently.
Keep some important things in mind while choosing a place to study, such as –
- Find a place to study that has a quiet environment.
- Don’t be too hot or too cold.
- Have a good chair and table to sit on.
- There should be a facility to keep books well.
- Some people listen to the song while studying, then listen to the song only so that your mind is not disturbed. (Listen to music while reading story, poem, novel)
- Put a “Do Not Disturb” board outside that room.
- While studying, ask family members not to come to your room again and again. It is the first tip on how to concentrate on study.
Make Study Your Routine Work For Better Concentration
Just as you have to plan something or the other for all the tasks, similarly you also have to plan to put your mind in studies. Most of the people consider studies as separate from their regular work, it is not right to do so.
To concentrate and study, you have to plan something like this –
- Make a time table chart to study every day and study according to its time.
- Do not think of studies as separate from daily work.
- Always be motivated to study.
- Do not spend more than 45 minutes of continuous study time in the time table and take a break of 5-10 minutes in between.
- Note that according to the time of day or night, which is easy for you to read, make your time chart. It is the second tip on how to concentrate on study.
Keep All Distracting Devices Away Which Distract You
If you want to read carefully for a long time, then first of all keep away all the distracting things. Most of the distractions are mobile phones, social media, games consoles, and television.
Let us know how these above-mentioned things harm your studies-
- Because of these things, you waste most of your study time in other things.
- Be it a long conversation on a mobile phone or a long chat on a social networking website, in both ways you forget the lessons you have learned in studies.
- If you want to study well then stay away from these electronic devices. It is the third tip on how to concentrate on study.
Read Properly To Concentrate More
Nothing happens by just reading anything, it is also important to learn and understand it along with reading it well. With this, you will not get bored while studying and you will also remain focused.
Below we have given some good reading methods, with the help of which you can study while understanding-
- By understanding the tasks of your studies well in any way, set your goal to complete it.
- Congratulate yourself for your hard work and take inspiration from the same praise and devote more mind to studies.
- Always stay connected with positive thoughts and read good inspirational books in free time.
- Share your thoughts and feelings to your friends, family and know what is good and what is bad.
- Even if you read while working, read with understanding. It is the fourth tip on how to concentrate on study.
If you want to concentrate in studies for a long time, then it is very important to maintain discipline. Your mind may start moving from one side to another, but discipline is the thing that helps you to read carefully.
What to do to stay disciplined in studies
- Whenever your attention starts to go wrong, stop it immediately and focus on studies.
- Gradually, if you study regularly according to the time table, then you will automatically become disciplined.
- If your attention is still getting excited to go somewhere else, then write on a piece of paper on the wall of your study room “I will concentrate only on studies while studying and will not do anything”.
- If you still find it difficult, then identify and correct your mistakes well.
- Treat studies as fun and not as a burden. It is the fifth tip on how to concentrate on study.
Know When To Have a Rest
Doing any work without stopping is worse. That is why it is very important to have breaks in between studies.
Break is a good thing and do some positive work at that time so that you do not forget the thing that you remembered while studying.
You must take a break of 5-10 minutes every 45-60 minutes, it keeps the mind fresh. Do not study so much that you are away from your family. That’s why it is very important to have time management for everything. It is the sixth tip on how to concentrate on study.
Monitor Your Progress
Along with improving the way you study, it is great to keep track of your progress. This will definitely motivate you and you will be able to succeed in studying properly.
Ask yourself some important questions –
- What are my main goals?
- I have to complete a school/college project in this week?
- What studies do I have to complete today?
- Are my time table and reading style working well for me?
- What can be other ways to improve this?
Understand Your Body
Every student has a different study method and time. Some people study well in the morning or are good at their work, while some people like to study well at night.
You have to understand your body that when your mind wants to read more, at night or during the day. Doing the right thing at the right time is called success. It is the eight tip on how to concentrate on study.
Get Enough And Good Sleep
You must know that there are many benefits of sleeping. Sleeping well is a very good way to concentrate on studies.
When a person sleeps well, his hormones are properly regulated which strengthens the mind and also relaxes the body. This helps the students to remember the lessons learned.
With a tired body, it is very difficult and sometimes impossible to concentrate on studies. Therefore, according to the need, one should definitely sleep 7-8 hours a day at night. It is the ninth tip on how to concentrate on study.
Eat Healthy Food
By eating good food, you will always be healthy and you will be able to do all your work with enthusiasm. Eating good fruits, vegetables, and grains increases brain power.
A nutritious and balanced diet also helps in studies. Do not eat high-fat, sweet, carbohydrate-rich food because it harms your body. It is the tenth tip on how to concentrate on study.
Do One Thing At a Time
Get into the habit of doing one thing at a time. It proves to be very useful not only in studies but in every field.
How to do one thing at a time –
- Keep your focus entirely on a single lesson.
- When one lesson or topic is complete, move on to another.
- Trying to complete too many topics at the same time can leave all the tasks incomplete.
Conclusion (How To Concentrate On Study)
In this blog, we have told you the main reasons for lack of interest in studies, and its examples. You can improve the way you study by following these above-mentioned basics of studying.
From today, apply these easy-to-study tricks one by one in your life and study diligently. I hope how do you concentrate on your studies? Would have liked this article on How to Concentrate on Studies.
FAQs Related On How To Concentrate On Study
Can you study 12 hours a day?
Yes, it is possible to study 12 hours a day. It seems like a lot of work because it truly is, but if you can persevere and follow the helpful tips in this article, you definitely can do it. It is just like any other activity. As you can learn how to swim or dance, you can also learn how to study 12 hours a day.
How can I love studying?
Here are our top tips for finding ways to have fun while studying:
1. Listen to good music.
2. Turn it into a game for yourself.
3. Turn it into a game with others.
4. Use nice stationery.
5. Try roleplay.